This year, we will be welcoming back some amazing performers and activities as well as including a number of new ones!
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Student Art Exhibit
View wonderful artwork created by Peterson students.
5:30-8:00 p.m.: Food Sales – 8th Grade Fundraiser
Come and support the 8th grade by purchasing dinner or snacks. Food will include delicious empanadas generously donated by Merla’s, pizza, fresh fruit cups, Colombian bunuelos, drinks, and candy. Please remember to bring your cash!
5:30-6:30 – Live Music – Student Performances
- Marianne Villa (Violin) & Lucy Skorey (Piano) – This is Gospel (Panic! At The Disco)
- Johannes Clifton-Soderstrom (Trumpet) – Tico Tico (Abreu, Oliveira & Drake)
- Sam Reynolds & John Sharshar (Percussion) Stinkin’ Garbage – A Bucket Drumming Routine
- Danae Baroja (Vocal Solo) Nella Fantasia – Ennio Morricone & Chiara Ferrau
- Abbie Castro & Diana Argueta (Vocal Duet in Spanish) – Corre corre (Jesse y Joy) & Underneath It All
- Jasmine Jones (Vocal), Sam Reynolds (Cajon), Lily Mend (Bass), Alberto Vargas (Guitar) – Fire N Gold (Bea Miller) & Stitches (Shawn Mendes)
6:00-6:30 p.m. – Aerial Dance Chicago
The non-profit dance company returns by popular demand.
7:15-8:00 p.m. – Hula Hoop Dancing
Come and watch Old Town School of Folk Music hula hoop artist Renée Nanzer perform amazing feats of hula hooping.
5:30-7:00 p.m. – Make & Take Art with Messy Mini Masters
Create a colorful and unique work of art with Messy Mini Masters that you can bring home
7:00-8:00 p.m. – Drum Circle
All are welcome to join in a communal drumming experience
Room 116 (STEM Room):
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Meet the ‘Bot
Come and see the amazing new robot designed by the Peterson Bots
5:30-8:00 p.m. – STEM Demonstrations
Explore, create, and innovate your own ideas while learning about science & engineering
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Microscope Demonstrations
Visitors can look through a microscope, including viewing live specimens, and engage in related interactive activities.
6:30-7:30 p.m. – Ben’s Bubble Show
Come and watch bubble sculptures be created and view unique bubble tricks and illusions as the performer illuminates the science of bubbles.
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Instrument Petting Zoo by Academy of Music & Dance (annex hallway)
The Instrument Petting Zoo is an opportunity for curious prospective students (including adults!) to see, hear, and touch a variety of instruments.
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Friends of Peterson (kindergarten hallway):
- “Giving Trees” so Unity participants can donate funds for needed items at the school.
- Button Making – for $2, kids and adults can design and make their own buttons
- Note Card Sales – the Friends of Peterson will be selling note cards with Peterson student-created artwork – purchase one for $2 or a set of five for $10!
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Blobs in a Bottle, Kitchen Science, & Water Cycles Student-Led Science Demonstrations (main hallway)
Come and create a lava lamp, use invisible ink, investigate liquid densities and/or learn about water models!
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Zentangles with Art Students (main hallway)
5:30-8:00 p.m. – Community Art Creation (4th grade hallway)
On-site mural creation and coloring